How to play
- Put the reveal notes to one side (no sneaky peaks please). Give each player a boost card and shuffle the playing cards.
- Each player is dealt 7 cards. If you are playing with 5+ players, then deal 5 cards per player.
- Place the deck on the table face down. This is the draw pile.
- Pour out wine 1 to each of the players
There is 1 round for each wine in the box. A round consists of 5 turns.
Turn 1: See
- You only have one thing to go on: what the wine looks like. You can pick up your glass, swirl it around, but don’t smell or taste it yet!
- Pick the descriptor card that you think best describes the wine and place it face down in front of you (the card you choose doesn’t have to be an appearance descriptor, as you might not have any in your hand).
- Most cards will have 2 descriptors. You'll see from the wine icons whether they're relevant for red, white or rosé wine.
- For 2 players: Once both players have taken their turn, discard 1 card from your hand (create a discard pile in the middle) and swap the remaining 5 cards in your hand with your opponent. Then pick up 2 new cards from the draw pile. You should now have a new hand (7 cards) to play the next turn.
- For 3 – 4 players: Once all players have taken their turn, each player passes their remaining 6 cards to the player to their left. Each player picks up 1 new card from the draw pile. Each player should now have a new hand (7 cards) to play the next turn.
- For 5-6 players: Once all players have taken their turn, each player passes their remaining 4 cards to the player to their left. Each player then picks up 1 new card from the draw pile. Each player should now have a new hand (5 cards) to play the next turn.
Turn 2: Sniff
- Works in exactly the same way but this time you get to smell the wine...
Turn 3, 4 and 5: Sip
- FINALLY, you get to taste the wine - 3 turns for tasting (because obviously it’s the best bit).
- Remember to pass your cards between taste turns, pick up 1 new card from the draw pile (or 2 if you’re playing in a 2!) and place a descriptor down on each turn.
End of the round
Once all players have 5 cards face down in front of them, time for the moment of truth! Players turn over their cards at the same time. Find the relevant reveal note and read aloud all players.
The correct descriptors will be bold. Add up the points for every descriptor you got correct.
To start the next round
Shuffle all the cards, rinse your glass, pour the next wine for everyone, and deal cards as you did for round 1.
Add up all the scores from each wine and see who's won the overall game.
Turns out there's a lot of similar flavours between red, white and rosé wines. The following icons indicate whether a descriptor relates to a rosé, white or red wine.
Each card has a number in the corner, this is how many points they are worth.
There are some sneaky cards in the deck to make things more competitive. You will find details on how these can be played on the cards themselves.